VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT & MARKETING MANAGER
(Minimum 1 Year Contract)
CONVERSATIONS WITH FOREIGNERS (CWF)
CWF is a popular English language centre in Phnom Penh and is a socially ethical organization committed to a sustainable model of fund-raising, learning, and cultural exchange.
Our model benefits both our students and volunteers, and also enables us to provide a sustainable source of funding to the Cambodian Rural Development Team (http://www.crdt.org.kh) whose work in livelihood development and environmental protection benefit some of the poorest rural communities in Northeastern Cambodia.
CWF is seeking a highly motivated Volunteer Recruitment & Marketing Manager to help us grow the organisation, communicate our values, create social impact through existing and emerging channels, and maintain existing recruitment partnerships and develop new partnerships.
- Marketing and recruiting suitable, qualified, international volunteers for campuses to meet organizational goals.
- Maintain and develop the organization’s websites, databases, and social media channels in line with recruitment and communication needs.
- Providing technical support to the Volunteer Support Coordinator (VSC) and international volunteers, including development of volunteer management policies and procedures, assist in dealing with complex inter-cultural issues with volunteers when requested by OM and VSC, and assisting the VSC to plan and lead enriching social and cultural experiences for volunteers.
- Planning and reporting.
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor in Management, Nonprofit Management, Human Resources, or field related to development and/ or education; or demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Recruitment skills, client management, partner relations
- Marketing: print, web, social media
- Strong graphic design skills; proficient using Adobe CS packages InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom,
- Knowledge of WordPress, website management, content management and production, SEO, Google Analytics and AdWords
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in motivating and supporting volunteers
- Proactive, with the ability to work well in a team
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal/relational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated and well organized
- Problem solving skills leading to sound judgment and quality decisions in a challenging environment
- Native level command of English
- 3 years experience in international volunteer management, recruitment, marketing, or related field
- Experience in a supervisory role with ability to provide meaningful, timely employee feedback and appraisals, and effectively address employee performance problems.
- Programming skills, PHP, knowledge of databases
- Conflict resolution and cross-cultural communication skills
- Knowledge of or interest in Khmer culture and language
CWF provides a safe, comfortable workplace, a monthly stipend of US$650/month, up to $500 annual health insurance contribution, and 12 Month visa. All other costs to be borne by volunteer.
- Expected commencement date: 15 September, 2014
- The successful candidate will be required to submit criminal record history checks
- The successful candidate will be subject to a 3 month probationary period
How to Apply
Applicants should forward their CV, 3 professional referees, and cover letter to email@example.com by 04 August 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an extended job description.