Experience Cambodia

Get the skills and experience you need to travel and teach English abroad

Driving Development through English teaching

  • CWF Phnom Penh

    Live and work in the enigmatic heart of Cambodia: Phnom Penh, The Pearl of Asia. Phnom Penh is where we run our extensive teaching training workshops, and is the perfect choice for newly qualified teachers seeking to expand their experience and skills.

    More about Phnom Penh

Why Volunteer in Cambodia?

Conversations With Foreigners (CWF) is a socially responsible organisation building capacity in Cambodia through affordable English language classes for adult Khmer students from all walks of life, and raising funds for rural development projects by our partner, the Cambodian Rural Development Team (CRDT)..

International volunteer English teachers provide affordable English classes to Khmer students in a fun and informal setting, using our unique curriculum rooted in everyday Cambodian life.

Profits from student fees are used to provide core funding to CRDT for their work to deliver community and rural development projects to 6927 families in support of conservation of the critically endangered Mekong River Irrawaddy Dolphins in Kratie and Stung Treng, and the protection of tropical forest biodiversity in Mondulkiri.

Since 2006, CWF has hosted 608 international volunteers, and improved the English of 27,759 students. Our sustainable model of learning and cultural exchange has raised over $153,452.30 for CRDT.

“It was a wonderful experience. It was rewarding, character building, challenging, and immensely enjoyable. The students were a delight to teach.”Frank Leverett 2015

Group Start Dates

March 1st 2017

March 1st - May 28th

Its the Khmer New Year! The crops are in, and the rains not yet come; its time to relax, and celebrate the coming of the new year.

MARCH 2nd 2016

March 2nd - May 29th

Its the Khmer New Year! The crops are in, and the rains not yet come; its time to relax, and celebrate the coming of the new year.

May 31st 2017

May 31st - August 27th

The wet season is here! The heat of April and May succumbs to the cooling effects of the monsoon, a welcome relief from the hot days.

AUGUST 30th 2017

August 30th - November 26th

Its the second half of the rainy season, and the countryside is lush with colour. Enjoy the Phchum Ben festival of ancestors, and the Water Festival; unrivaled for its pageantry.

NOVEMBER 30th 2016

November 30th - February 26th

The rains are over; late December and January nights become cool. Now is the time to witness a crisp, clear sun rise over Angkor Wat, and to travel to the far reaches of the country.

Our Development Model

With local students and international volunteer teachers helping to raise money for development work in rural communities, CWF forms a unique model of learning, cultural exchange, and sustainable fundraising.

CWF was founded in 2006 to help raise regular funding for the important work of CRDT. We donate at least 60% of our Net Profit every year, rolling the remaining 40% back into the school for upgrading facilities and future development, as a non-pofit.

This project creates a more sustainable source of funding through an activity which contributes positively to the community.

Profits from the school are given directly to CRDT as an unrestricted fund for core operation expense.

Donated since 2006,
Directly Benefiting
in over
communities in
north east Cambodia.

We are hiring!Can you be our next Volunteer Recruitment and Marketing Officer